The following Ohio CTE students have been selected as Ohio's five CTE Presidential Scholars Program semi-finalists by the Ohio Department of Education. Click here to read their background and accomplishments. The students will be recognized at the 2019 Legislative Seminar on Jan. 23 in Columbus. Each of the semi-finalists will be invited to apply to the National Presidential Scholars Program. This is the fourth year that career technical students will be represented among the US Presidential Scholars. Out of all the applicants nationwide, 20 CTE students will accepted and invited to Washington D.C. in June as national scholars.
- Kathryn Chludzinski - Columbiana County CTC/Precision Machining and Manufacturing
- Blake Christopher Kalina - Medina County CC/Public Safety
- Pauline (Ulamila) Hicks (Uluiviti) - Upper Valley CC/Medical Careers Academy
- Mumino Mahadi Pemba - South-Western CC/Multi-Skilled Heath
- Nul Dev Rai - College and Career Academies of Akron (Akron Public)-PLTW Biomedical Science
Congratulations to the semi-finalists, their instructors and their schools! Click here to read about each of the students and their accomplishments.
For more information about the Presidential Scholars Program, click here.